Last Revised: June 5, 2019
http://hcdc.clubs.harvard.edu and any other websites controlled by Harvard Club, including mobile sites or apps (collectively, the “Sites”). By visiting the Sites, you
, which are hereby incorporated. If you do not agree with these policies, please do not use the Sites.
What Information We Collect: Harvard Club may ask for and collect from you personally identifiable information at various points throughout the Sites. Depending on what services you choose to receive from Harvard Club, you may be asked to provide your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, and other information. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of some of our features or service offerings.
Payment card information may be collected on our Sites and processed by secure third- party providers. Payment information is not stored on our Sites post authorization.
As an affiliate of the Harvard Alumni Association (“HAA”), Harvard Club collects directory information such as name, email address, home address, work address, phone
number, school and graduation year that is shared by HAA. Harvard Club does not receive highly sensitive personal information such as date of birth, social security number, or financial account information. Alumni may choose to opt out from the sharing of their directory information by HAA. Please refer to HAA’s Privacy Statement at https://alumni.harvard.edu/privacy for additional details.
How We Use and Disclose Personally Identifiable Information: All personally identifiable information provided by Harvard alumni is strictly reserved for use by individual alumni, Harvard Club, and HAA for personal and University-related purposes only. Personal information may be disclosed by Harvard Club to authorized third parties only for the provisioning of services to users. Any third parties who receive user information for this purpose are prohibited from using or sharing user information for any purpose other than providing services to users.
Harvard Club may use alumni personal information in the following ways:
- To process and respond to inquiries and for the purposes for which you provided the information, such as to process membership applications or donations, or provide information about a project or event. In sending us an electronic message or text message, you send us certain personal information (e.g., name and e-mail address or mobile phone number). We may store the name and address of the sender in order to respond or otherwise handle the subject of the e-mail or text message.
- To alert you to new events, features, special projects or opportunities, and services.
- To provide feedback to Harvard Club and HAA leadership and to conduct surveys to measure your satisfaction with our services.
- To protect Harvard Club’s rights or property or the safety of Harvard Club, our members, or others.
- To comply with any court order, legal process, or respond to any governmental or regulatory request.
- To transfer information in the event of a merger, transfer of assets or other organizational restructuring.
- To evaluate our Sites and identify where we should make changes or expand services.
Harvard Club may use third-party service providers or other third-party organizations helping to support Harvard Club’s mission that may collect, store, or process your
personal information, including payment information on our behalf, in order for us to provide services to you. The servers that host Harvard Club Sites are managed by HAA.
Harvard Club processes your information on servers located in the United States.
Security: Harvard Club and HAA are committed to maintaining your confidence and trust, and take steps to help protect the personal information you provide to us. However, no transmission or electronic storage of information is guaranteed to be secure. We therefore urge you to always use caution when transmitting information over the Internet.